Emsens was born in 1961 and is specilized in designing and manufacturing machines for the food industry.Â Situated in the industrial area called Ondaine (in the Loire district), well known for its network of companies dealing with metallurgy, Emsens has been experimenting a know-how which allows it to answer to all the needs of its customers in the food industry.
Situated in Fraisses, at the Zone artisanale du Parc, next to Firminy in the Loire district, Emsens offers a wide range of machines for the food industry. With a range including, among others, skewering machines, cutting machines as well as binding machines for salami, Emsens is locally famous for its high know-how in metallurgy history.
Antoine Emsens created Emsens in 1961. The company was first selected as a subcontractor for the CALF (Coal Steel Loire Firminy). In the eighties, Emsens took the decision to orientate a part of its activity towards the production of its own range of machines for the food industry. At that time, the first successful skewering machines and bacon dicing machines come out of Emsens plant. In the nineties, the technical department was created and the first machines were manufactured from A to Z by Emsens factory. In 2000, Emsens stopped for good to be a subcontractor and dedicated its production to clean machinery. In 2008, the frames of the machines were made in the factory as well which offered a better reactivity and allowed to offer new services in our manufacturing processes.
Today, Emsens is a specialist in design and manufacture of machines for the food industry. The staff of the company includes 19 persons, among which 5 persons at the technical department. It owns several patents and includes a wide distributors network.
Emsens works with local suppliers and partners coming from RhĂ´ne-Alpes region at 90% which allows to reduce the logistic and optimize the local know-how in order to get top quality components to produce specific machines on request.
Historical data :
– 1961 : creation of the company by Antoine Emsens in Fraisses (Loire-France)
– 60â€™s/70â€™s : metallurgy know-how developmentâ€“ subcontractor of the CALF
– 80â€™s : development of the first skewering and bacon dicing machines
– 90â€™s : creation of the technical departmentÂ to guarantee 100% of the machines designed by Emsens
– 2000 : Emsens stops to be a subcontractor to produce its own products and clean machineryÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â – 2008 : manufacturing of the frames of the machines at Emsens to optimize the production chainÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â – 2014 : Emsens is leader in the field of machines for the food industry (kebabs,Â bacon stripes,Â cubes cutting, stamps cutting, matches cutting, osso-bucco,â€¦) and is the partner of the largest companies in the world.